Merry and Bright

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

December has flown by like it usually does but I feel like we were able to make the most of the holiday season. My mom and sister came to visit for the weekend before Christmas so that we could have our own mini celebration. We spent Christmas with Derek's family this year so it was nice to celebrate with them, too. We went sledding, had snow ball fights, and enjoyed the lights at Temple Square. Hope you are ready for the picture overload!













We also went to dinner at one of my favorite restaurants in Provo, Communal. It was just as delicious as the first time I ate there and I was excited to share it with my family. 



After our fun weekend we headed to Miami to spend Christmas with Derek's side of the family. We have been planning "Pando Christmas 2013" for the past few years so that all (or at least most) of the Pando family could make it. It did not disappoint! Derek says spending Christmas in Miami with his Cuban relatives is one of his fondest childhood memories and I loved experiencing it with him. It is incredible how you gain a whole other family with marriage and I truly feel like they are my family.

On Christmas eve we celebrated Noche Buena with a delicious Cuban dinner, singing Christmas carols and a family gift exchange. Derek played videographer for the evening and made an awesome video that I will include in a later post.

The rest of the week we spent enjoying the 80 degree weather by going to the beach and taking an everglades airboat ride. The water was too cold at the beach but that didn't stop the boys.







Merry Christmas from the Pandos!

No comments:

Post a Comment