Walking Across the Golden Gate Bridge

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

I'm in California again!
Apparently I just can't stay away. 
We are moving back in 2 short months but I still seem to find reasons to visit before then.
This week I am here because my mom is turning the big 5-0 this weekend!!

On Friday we had a girls day, just me and her. 
The weather was gorgeous so we headed to San Francisco to walk across the Golden Gate Bridge.
My mom has lived in California for over 25 years and has driven across the bridge many many times, 
but she had never walked it before!
So we packed our comfy shoes and walk the 1.7 miles each way.
Actually, she packed comfy shoes and I wore sandals which I greatly regretted later.

Tip: wear comfy shoes if you are going to walk over 3 miles!




 Although I've seen the bridge hundreds of times, it just doesn't get old.
People travel from all over the world to visit San Francisco and walk across this bridge and I feel so blessed to have it so close.
I love that you can hear a variety of different languages in this city and especially on the bridge. 
I think I heard more foreign languages than English.
It's also such a fun place to 'people watch'!
You see families bringing their kids for the first time, couples walking hand-in-hand, photographers trying to capture the bridge at a new angle, and, of course, a man giving away free hugs.



We seriously could not have picked a better day.
The sky was clear, the sun was shining, and there was only a slight breeze on the bridge.
People were out sailing, surfing, biking, etc.
There were also 3 separate rallies going on in true San Francisco fashion.

Crazy surfers in the freezing water.


Can you believe she is turning 50?? I'm so grateful to have her genes :)




Of course we could not go to San Francisco on a Saturday without stopping by the farmer's market.
I loved seeing all of the flowers with the reminder that spring is right around the corner!



We ate lunch at San Francisco Fish Company in the ferry building and it was amazing! 
I highly recommend eating fish at a place like this that is right next to the water. 
Nothing like fresh fish.


And with that, we ended another amazing trip to San Francisco.
I'm sure there will be many more!

Check out our other visits to the city:

No comments:

Post a Comment