Story of a Valentine's Day Past

Thursday, February 13, 2014



In light of it being Valentine's day tomorrow, 
I thought I would share one of my favorite stories of when Derek and I were dating.

It was Valentine's day 2010.
We had been dating for 5 months.
I woke up  and went straight to the bathroom to get ready for my usual morning jog.
As I walked into the bathroom, I found a card by the mirror with my name on it.
I was confused because it was 5:45AM and all of my roommates were still asleep.
I opened it up and it read:


I was even more confused because Derek was 45 minutes away in San Francisco.
As I tried to make sense of what was going on, 
I walked out of the bathroom and into the living room to find Derek sitting on my couch.
He was holding a bouquet of flowers and a box of Honey Bunches of Oats. My favorite.

That crazy boy woke up at 4:30AM to drive down and have breakfast with me.
I loved that he brought cereal because it is seriously one of my favorite foods! 
We enjoyed breakfast together before he had to drive back to the city for work.

It's those little things that make me love Derek 
and make me so grateful to have him as my forever Valentine.
Check out some of my favorite Valentine's Day pins here!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Isn't it?? I love simple yet thoughtful things like this :) Hope you guys have a fun Valentine's day!

      Delete