Our Top 5 Vegetarian Recipes

Saturday, February 22, 2014


One of my first thoughts when I first became vegetarian was 'what am I going to eat now??'
I felt strongly about not eating meat, but most of my meals at the time had chicken in them.
I was worried that I would starve and never feel satisfied with any of my meals.
At first I ate a lot of tofu thinking that that was my only non-meat option.
Fortunately, I quickly discovered that there are thousands of vegetarian recipes!

When Derek and I got married I had the same thought, only now it was 'what are we going to eat??'
I don't mind cooking meat for him, but it would be a pain in the butt--for both of us--to make separate meals every day.
So we tried lots of different vegetarian recipes and created a google doc of all the ones we both enjoy!

Below are the Top 5 on our list:

Low Fat, vegetarian healthy enchiladas
* I add 2 cans of black beans to this recipe to increase the protein content and make it more filling

Tomato, Mozzarella & Pesto Panini

Garden Vegetable Crustless Quiche Recipe

Quinoa and Black Beans Recipe

Vegetable Egg Rolls Recipe

Check out my 'Delicious and Nutritious' Pinterest board for more of my favorite vegetarian and pescatarian recipes.

2 comments:

  1. Being an omnivore, I like incorporating vegetarian meals throughout my week. I'll have to try some of these recipes. The enchiladas sound especially delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The enchiladas are our favorite! They are so filling and delicious and they make great leftovers :)

    ReplyDelete