A Rainy Day in San Francisco

Sunday, February 9, 2014



We had the best time in San Francisco this weekend. It rained almost the entire time but it didn't matter. It was still magical. There is such a unique vibe in the city that just energizes you. 

Derek and I attended a Startup and Tech mixer at the W Hotel on Friday night. I am not in the tech industry, but I am very interested in health tech and it's always interesting to learn about entrepreneurship. Hundreds of people showed up to the event and we got our networking on. If you know my husband, you know that he is an expert networker. It's just part of his personality. Me, not so much. But I am making more of an effort and it has been such a rewarding experience to meet new people who are interested in similar things as I am. It was an amazing and inspiring event packed with hundreds of people who are interested in tech and how it can be used to better the world. 


On Saturday we headed to the ferry building to hit up the farmers market. There weren't as many vendors due to the rainy weather, but there was still a lot going on inside the ferry building. They even had a cooking demo on how to cook with beer and passed around samples for everyone to try. Sign me up for anything with free samples!




Inside the ferry building there are all kind of cafes, bakeries, restaurants and shops. One of my favorite things was sampling different types of olive oil.





We usually grab lunch at one of the vendors at the market, but since there weren't as many that day we headed to Gott's Roadside for some burgers (veggie burger for me). I loved the industrial type decor and the fun atmosphere in the restaurant. Not to mention their burgers and fries were DELISH!





Until next time, San Francisco!

2 comments:

  1. love it! i need to try gott's for sure now...fun to meet up with you! Xo

    the well-traveled wife ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too, it was so fun meeting you and your husband!

      Delete