April

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Happy April everyone! 
I have been anticipating this month for so long now and I can't believe it's finally here! 
I love Aprils in general, but this April is especially exciting because of everything we have planned this month.
Here's what we have on our schedule (in order of when they are happening):

1. TRIP TO NORTH CAROLINA


Last month, Derek and his team represented BYU's MBA program at the Venture Capital Investment Competition and got 1st place! His team is now competing in the "Global Finals" next week which will take place at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill.
We've always talked about going to North Carolina together, so we figured this would be the perfect opportunity to go!
It might be because all of the Nicholas Sparks books/movies take place there, but North Carolina seems like such a beautiful  and romantic place.
We might just have to rent a canoe. And we might just get caught in the rain. Who knows?

2. ZION NATIONAL PARK


We can't leave Utah without going to Zion National Park!
It will be a quick day trip on our way to Las Vegas, but we're hoping to get some amazing hikes in.

3. BASTILLE CONCERT IN LAS VEGAS

I've never been to Vegas before (only driven through) and honestly never had much of a desire to go.
For someone who doesn't drink or gamble, it doesn't seem like the most happening place.
BUT I admit that it seems like a city with great energy and lots to see.
Plus, I have to finally see the Bellagio fountain for myself!
The Bastille concert was the perfect excuse to make a trip to Vegas this month.
They have quickly become one of my new favorite bands (do yourself a favor and listen to their other songs besides just Pompeii--they're awesome!) and it just so happens that they're playing at the House of Blues on the strip.
Win-Win situation right there!!

4. DEREK'S GRADUATION

We don't have a picture for this one yet--but we'll be so excited when we do!
Derek will be graduating with his MBA degree at the end of this month.
I am so so proud of everything he's accomplished in these 2 years.
I could go on and on, but I'll save that for another post :)
We're also so excited for all of the family that will be with us that weekend.
Two other family members are graduating from BYU as well so it'll basically be a big family reunion!

5. MOVING BACK TO CALIFORNIA


California is home for me.
I was born and raised there and have grown up with such a love for everything this beautiful state has to offer. It's not perfect but, in my opinion, it comes pretty close.
I have always appreciated living in California, but I think these 2 years away will help me appreciate it even more (not that I haven't enjoyed living in Utah).
We are moving back for exactly one day before we....

6. FLY TO SPAIN

I can hardly believe we've started the same month that we are heading to Europe for our big trip.
We have been planning this trip for over 6 months and it has always felt so far away.
We still have so much to do before we go, but I get butterflies just thinking about how soon we'll be starting this adventure!

Any fun plans for you this lovely month of April?

No comments:

Post a Comment