Bonjour from Paris!

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

a couple in front of the Eiffel Tower

"Bonjour!", "Au revoir!", "Merci and "S'il vous plaît". 
That is about as much French as we have in our vocabulary. 
Oh, and "Crêpe". We know that one very well.

We are absolutely LOVING Paris.
Derek has been here briefly before for work, but this is my first time.
We keep looking at each other and saying, "what do you think, should we live here??"
The answer is yes, of course.
Everything about Paris is beautiful.
Every building is so historic and I love the uniformity.
We are staying in a gorgeous apartment we found on Airbnb where we get to wake up to this view:

Rooftop view of Paris

And check out the rest of the place. 
I had to get pictures of all of it because it is basically my dream apartment!!

a bright and beautiful apartment in Paris, France.



Incredible, right?!
The apartment is also in a great location so we have been getting around by foot or using the metro.
Our first day we walked to the musée du Louvre.

A couple in front of the Louvre Museum


We haven't gone inside yet, but even walking around the outside was impressive.
It's incredible how clean and well kept all of the buildings look after so many years.

Of course we visited to Eiffel Tower our first day in Paris.
I couldn't wait to see it in the flesh!!
'Makeout under the Eiffel Tower' was seriously on my bucket list.

A couple kissing in front of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France.

CHECK!

We will show this picture to our kids one day to gross them out :)

It has been sprinkling on and off since we got to Paris, so I was thrilled that the sun came out while we visited the Eiffel Tower. 
We were even able to have a makeshift picnic of bread, cheese, greek yogurt and fruit.



In the evening we headed up Montmartre which is a hill with an incredible view of the city.
We went at the perfect time to watch the sunset.

A view of the city of Paris from Montmartre


Steps up to Montmartre in Paris, France.


Our Parisian adventure continues until Friday.
Au revoir for now!

2 comments:

  1. Paris is wonderful! We kept thinking the same thing: we could definitely live there. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I wasn't the only one :) I don't want to leave!! Now I just need to work on my French...

      Delete