Monterey Bay Aquarium

Monday, July 1, 2013

Derek has been at his internship for a month already and time just keeps flying by! I have been enjoying my weekends in California; it feels like I am on vacation every weekend! We have all of our weekends planned already to ensure that we can fit everything in. This past weekend was our trip to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. I have been several times and have fun memories of going to the aquarium on school field trips, but this was Derek's first time. He had never been to Monterey before and was very impressed. He even said he "could live there." Although he could live almost anywhere and be happy, so I'm not sure if that is saying much.


I am so impressed every time I go to the aquarium. They do such an amazing job with their exhibits and you can really tell how passionate they are about the ocean and marine life. My favorites are the jellies, sea otters and stingrays. 






After a few hours at the aquarium we were ready for some food, so we walked down Cannery Row and ate dinner at Bubba Gumps. This was also another first for Derek.




We're planning a trip to Carmel with my family this month so we hope to be back near Monterey soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment