Christmas 2012 Highlights

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I have been counting down the days until Christmas since September, so I was so excited when December finally rolled around! Our Christmas celebrations started the day after Thanksgiving this year as we celebrated with the Pando side of the family. Alina made a delicious Cuban style dinner for our "noche buena" and we sang Christmas songs. Sally started a new tradition of reading a children's Christmas book together now that we are introducing little ones into the family. She read "The Christmas Train" by President Monson. In the story, he recounts an experience he had in his childhood. It is a beautiful story about giving and the true meaning of Christmas. The next day was our faux Christmas, so we opened presents in the morning after having some delicious bubble bread (a family tradition). We also got to see the lights at Temple Square while Marina was in town. We had a great time until if started pouring on us!


The rest of December we spent seeing more Christmas lights, going to Christmas parties, watching Christmas movies, drinking warm apple cider, and hanging out with Santa Claus.



We spent Christmas with my family at my brother Javy's house in Bakersfield, CA. He and his family just moved into a new home and just had a new baby, so it was a very exciting time! I LOVE my little niece, Haven, and I'm convinced she is the cutest little girl in the world.



New baby Hudson is also just the sweetest little baby. I almost cried when I first saw him. He was only two weeks old and I was overwhelmed by his purity and innocence and felt gratitude to our Heavenly Father for placing him in our family. He also makes a cute Santa Claus.



Christmas morning was as magical as ever. It is so much more fun with kids around. You can see the excitement in their eyes and they are so easy to please. Sean was able to come celebrate with us as well, which was so fun. 
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!


1 comment: